Retirement is an event many adults look forward to as they approach their Golden Years. However, there are other perks just as worthy of excitement—like senior discounts. You may already be familiar with well-advertised discounts like those offered by movie theaters. Still, there are many little-known discounts that can save you hundreds each year.
- For example, did you know that most industries offer substantial discounts to older patrons?
- At restaurants, you can save at popular chains like Wendy’s, Applebees, McDonald’s, and dozens more.
- You can save at nationwide movie theater chains like AMC and Cinemark, among others.
- And did you know that you can even save on your monthly cell phone bill when you switch to special senior plans?
- If you love to travel, you can get discounts on hotel, air, and train travel when you book online or over the phone.
- If you love to shop, many retail stores offer discounts on specific days of the week. Be sure you know when stores offer discount days and watch your bill shrink before your eyes!
- Did you also know that even grocery stores offer discounts? Many stores offer a percentage off of your order each week or each month. Combine this discount with coupons for extra savings.
The most important tip to remember when you’re looking for senior discounts is to ask for one. Many places offer discounts but don’t advertise it, and not every place will automatically give your discount. So don’t be shy, and see how much you can save!
Of course, there are some great discounts you don’t have to ask for, and we do our best to curate them on this very website.
We’re always adding new deals, so be sure to look back often.